Are you or do you intend to employ backpackers?

To be able to work as an employee in Australia, backpackers must hold either a 417 or 462 Visa. As of 1 January 2017, new tax rates apply to income earned by backpackers. To be eligible to withhold at these new rates, employers must register with the Australian Taxation Office. It is the responsibility of employers to ensure the backpacker holds the correct working Visa.
If you have any questions please contact Kostkas. Alternatively, here is a link to the Australian Taxation Office website with more details